Report #10 - Back On Track For The Summer

Summer is here!

Today was the first time in weeks that I actually had the time to go out. With exams, projects and parties I barely had time to relax.

Yesterday marked the end of it all though and now I can get back on track with this adventure.

Before I say anything I just wanted to say that ever since I started this, I've noticed something. Maybe it's because all my classmates are turning 16 and that's a party year, but since starting I've never felt so popular!

I've been going to movies, going to parties, just hanging out with friends more then ever. I used to sit at home all the time, recently though I've had something to do every day. Has doing a bit of pickup really made me this much more social?

If this is the change... after going out only a few weeks... SHIT! I can't wait to see what the end of summer has in store.

All right, soooo....

Seeing how busy I have been I haven't gone out in ages.

Not going out = Not Good For Progress

It wasn't too bad, but I must say I did feel more nervous since it's been so long. The momentum I felt has definitely gone down.

Anyway, I had to apply for a job today at one of the stores in Yorkdale and another at the eaton center, so me and...T met up this morning to start at Yorkdale.

I felt pretty good because I opened 2 sets within a few minutes of getting on the train (asked what the time was, it's a good one for warm up). But after that I was sitting and stopped paying attention to where targets were.

It was early in the morning, we handed my thing in at Yorkdale and walked around for a bit. It was mainly adults, no targets.

We didn't stay for long, headed to the Eaton Center right after. Same as Yorkdale, not many people. So I talked to the people at the store I wanted to work at about jobs, we got food, washroom... nothing amazing.

The place started to fill up. T wanted to get energy drinks because he thought it would be good so we both got Amps.

On Amp:

Not as good as Monster, didn't give me the same kick and the kick it did give didn't last as long. When it ended I was exhausted!

Next, T wanted to get this book called "Rules of The Game". It's by Neil Strauss and it breaks learning this into the biggest baby steps ever. I can tell he wants to be told exactly what to do so it was right up his alley. It wasn't at the Eaton Centers chapters though so we had to forget it.

Then it was Warm-Up time!

*Great Warmup* = As many approaches in 10 minutes as you can! Ask the time, make it to people you would actually approach, set a record and keep trying to break it! I'm at 8!

I went first, got 8! The other one went next and got...3? If that. I'm all pumped dancing to my iPod and he was walking looking for people.

After that T was pretty down, he wanted to get the book again so he would know exactly what to do. So we left for another chapters.

Walking to chapters is a great way to kill the energy for speed approaching and an Amp!

When we go to chapters we looked around a while before finally finding the book.

After getting something, what's the first thing you want to do? USE IT!

So we went to a park and read the 2 little books that came in this package.

I could see how it may have appealed to me when I was starting, but once you've gotten more comfortable talking to people why start some product that takes you to the start? I could make far more progress doing approaches then listening to Styles method.

After all this I was tired and wanted to go home, so thats what I did.

Sure, not much excitement, but it's been weeks so cut me some slack!

I'll go out again tomorrow, it should be nothing short of fun! :D

0 comments: